Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!

Back-to-school! I can not wait for everyone to be back to our regular routine. I know that my kids love to be off school and have the summer to hang with their friends. But why does my house have to be the "hang-out" spot. Probably because we are not home...we are at work. Nothing like having a house with no parents...but this is my house.

And I know, that my Mum and brother reading this will say that this is fitting justice for the summer havoc that I caused back in the day...but I could not have been this bad! Ok...I was this bad! I never fully realized why my Mum came home from work and flipped out when the living room was messy, or there were kids piling out the back door when she walked in the front door. Hey Mum...I get it now. Can you release me from the curse/hex now?

In all seriousness...we are busy getting ready for back-to-school. Got the clothes this past weekend and plan on a shopping trip for supplies this weekend. Staples has these great lists which are grade-appropriate and it makes things alot easier than letting my kids decide what to buy. Can you imagine my bill then? No Alex...there is no laptop on this list...sorry. Miss Victoria, I don't see a binder with speakers on this list...put that $50 item back on the shelf. Guess I get to have my little bit of justice after all!

I always see back-to-school time as a time for a fresh start...even though fall is not the fresh start season. The new supplies and clothes...with the fresh faced kids heading back to learn more and have new adventures. Maybe it's the smell of newly sharpened pencils or the clean house at the end of the day...but I just love Back-to-School!

1 comment:

Holly A said...

I can totally relate to that fresh start feeling. I feel the same way. This time of year feels more like "New Years" to me than the real one.

I love fresh, new school supplies, too.

Good luck getting them off to a new year of school.