Sunday, March 7, 2010

Feb 22 - Feb 28

Hey,

This week has been a loooong and expensive one! With the car repairs last week, and new glasses for me...this week has brought more high ticket expenses! Tori had an eye appt and needed new glasses...my goodness - two sets of eye glasses in under a week. And waiting for the insurance company to reimburse us is never a short wait!

But we both love our new frames...Tori's are very sophisticated and make me realize that she is becoming more of a young woman every day. I was due for a change...I had not changed frames in almost 10 years! I was happy to not be stuck in 1999 with my round owl frames. What do you think?

The snow fall this week played havoc with the rest of my week - I had to cancel some Friday appts so I got alot done in the office. And I am hoping against hope that we have seen an end to the snow this winter...I know...there has not been much...but I am ready for pastel colours, capri pants and some warmer weather!


I also got to go to the Grand Opening of the Scrapping Nook in Welland and was honoured to be asked to do a make and take. I demonstrated the new Shimmerz...if you are interested take a look at http://www.shimmerzpaints.com/. They are really a great product - very versatile and great to revive some old supplies and make them more current with a bling finish. I made this canvas almost entirely out of the shimmerzpaints and some white coasters. Every coaster is made without patterned paper...that's using shimmerz techniques. So cool!

In the days leading up to the Grand Opening I got to thinking about how Janice (the new owner) must feel...nervous, excited, happy, worried...all these emotions around fulfilling her dream of owning a scrapbook store. I watched her move through the customers on the opening day...and was so happy to see her achieve her dream. I felt very blessed to be a part of that and thank her so much for including me in making that day a great success. We had a lovely dinner after the store closed and seeing everyone celebrating Janice's special day felt great.

Janice, I wish you success as you embark on this new journey. It is much appreciated that you have continued the Nook family, giving us a place to call home and a source for our creativity. And for anyone looking for a great store for scrappy supplies...check out the Scrapping Nook at http://www.thescrappingnook.ca/. Tell them Vanessa sent you.

Ness













No comments: