Friday, December 2, 2011

Countdown to Christmas 2011

Countdown to Christmas 2011 - Dec 1/11

In the past few weeks, I have received email reminders and blog updates from my favourite scrappy sites urging me to prepare for Christmas, get mini-books and journals ready to document the season.  The holiday season will fly by in the blink of an eye and each year I vow that I will take a picture each day in December...and life gets in the way.

So...procrastination aside, I pledge to post each day documenting the joy of the season.  I have so many blessings in my life and I want to make sure that I show gratitude for these blessings.  In recent weeks, I have not felt the holiday spirit and not been as prepared for Christmas as I usually am by this time of the year.  But today, December 1, the holiday spirit came flooding back!

I came into work thinking that today would be a regular Thursday for me, no meetings, lots of catch up to do.  But I had a little holiday surprise waiting for me in my email - a reminder to send my holiday video from Santa.  If you have not tried the Portable North Pole, I urge you to give it a try.  You can find it here http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/home.  I made a video for my brother, Brian and for my daughter, Tori and sent the link home so I can surprise others throughout the month.  It put me in such a holiday mood.  I even shared it with some of my colleagues, spreading the joy around!

The next surprise was waiting for me in our office lobby.  These little lovelies - Mini Melt Away mints...love them.  Don't worry, I was good - only indulged in a few - smuggled them back to my desk and took a couple minutes of reflection letting them melt on my tongue.  (I know...food is not comfort...but they were so good!)  They are from Hickory Farms and you can only get them at Christmas...so that must mean the season is upon us!  Yummy!





The last little holiday perk came after work when I went to visit Dale at Fringe for my holiday hair pick-me-up.  I love getting my hair done because I get to spend time with Dale and he is a master with hair!  But more than that, he is such a great person and since I have been going to him for over 15 years, he know me and my crazy ways and our appointments are filled with laughter!  He is very supportive, always offers great advise and calls me on my denial!  Tonight it was my crazy "trailer park trash" dark roots...so I booked a follow up appt and will have beautiful holiday hair in no time.

I know my day doesn't seem overly exciting, but it put me in a holiday-state of mind and that's very exciting to me!

Happy Holidays and more tomorrow!



No comments: