Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dec 2, 2011 - 23 days until Christmas

Dec 2, 2011 - 23 days until Christmas

For the past 5 years, I have the pleasure of organizing our Children's Christmas party at work.  I am very fortunate to work at a company that does so much for their employees and helping out at the kids party may be extra work during the holidays, but so worth it!  Just thinking of the kids' faces as they open their gifts propells me into the holiday spirit.

Today was planning on overdrive - the final numbers were due to our toy supplier, and a few last minute details needed to be finished.  I am all set to pick up the toys on Dec 7 - all that remains is one last shopping trip for refreshments and we are good to go!

After supper, we "decked" our halls - our living room got a Christmas make over.  I had to find new places for some of my favourite decorations because we replaced our old entertainment unit for the fireplace unit last New Years.  This meant giving up Christmas decoration real estate...so I am hanging a few less this year.  I will probably continue to add as the holiday progresses, I can't leave well enough alone!

I transformed my bookcase to showcase those ornaments that I can't live without.  I am still on the fence about a large tree...maybe closer to Christmas we will get one.  But for now...our tiny house is fine with our little 4 foot tree in the corner.

Lots to look forward to tomorrow - some Christmas shopping and a visit from Mum, Geoff and Zena!

No comments: